Tarpon Avenue – U.S. Hwy 19 to Huey Avenue
This project includes upgrades and improvements for increased safety on Tarpon Avenue between Huey and US-19.
- The City has worked to obtain a $750,000 grant from the FDOT to complete safety improvements in the project area including improved signalization at the Walmart turn signal (all left turns in all directions will now have turn arrows), clearer lane striping, widened turn lane for bus and emergency vehicles, and safer pedestrian crossings.
- The Project Administration Department has posted weekly updates to the City website in the Projects Update Spreadsheet that have included updates on this project since September 2017.
- City Staff from multiple departments (Project Admin, Public Works, Police, Fire) has been working with a consultant develop a full set of permitted plans. The plans are now 100% complete. The construction drawings for Tarpon Avenue Project are attached.
- The FDOT has reviewed the plans and has recently approved them.
- Utilities have been notified of conflicts with the new plans and they will most likely begin their relocation work this summer (Duke Energy, Spectrum, etc.).
- The City intends to advertise the project for bids later this calendar year after the utility work is completed in accordance with an approved FDOT Schedule.