Tarpon Avenue Roadway Improvements – U.S. Highway 19 to Huey Avenue
This project includes upgrades and improvements for increased safety on Tarpon Avenue between Huey and US-19.
Construction drawings for Tarpon Avenue Project
- The City obtained a $814,830 grant from the FDOT to complete safety improvements in the project area. Total project cost is $1,370,864.
- Improvements include improved signalization at the Walmart turn signal (all left turns in all directions will now have turn arrows), clearer lane striping, widened turn lane for bus and emergency vehicles, and safer pedestrian crossings.
- The Project Administration Department has posted weekly updates to the City website in the Projects Update Spreadsheet that have included updates on this project since September 2017.
- City Staff from multiple departments (Project Admin, Public Works, Police, Fire) has been working with a consultant develop a full set of permitted plans. The plans are now 100% complete. The construction drawings for Tarpon Avenue Project are attached.
- The FDOT has reviewed the plans and has recently approved them.
- Utilities have been notified of conflicts with the new plans and they will most likely begin their relocation work this summer (Duke Energy, Spectrum, etc.). Utility work has been completed
- The City has advertised and awarded a construction contract on April 26, 2022.
- Pre construction meeting was held August 19, 2022
- Notice to proceed expected to be issued on or around September 12, 2022 with construction commencing shortly thereafter. Project duration is anticipated to be 240 calendar days – Spring 2023
- It is expected that at least one lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction throughout the project