Board of Commissioners Agenda
GENERAL MEETING INFORMATION
The Board of Commissioners typically meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. Special Sessions and Work Sessions are scheduled as needed. The agenda for upcoming meetings is posted below on the Friday afternoon prior to the scheduled meeting. A list of future scheduled meetings appears below or click here for a tentative 2022 Public Hearing Schedule and 2023 Public Hearing Schedule.
Tarpon Springs City Hall Auditorium is now open to the public for meetings. Masks are strongly recommended per CDC guidelines for those that choose to attend the meeting in person. The public should enter through the main entrance on Pine Street.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REMOTE VIEWING
The City broadcasts Commission Meetings live on YouTube, Facebook and local cable affiliates and provides an archive of past meetings on YouTube.
Cable Television: (Spectrum Channel 641; WOW Channel 15; or Frontier Channel 21)
YouTube: Watch on the Tarpon Springs YouTube Channel
Facebook: Watch on the Tarpon Springs Facebook Page
Zoom: See instructions at right for joining and participating in the meeting on Zoom
Public Comments. Citizens may submit public comments remotely as follows:
Comments not read into the record may be any length. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments to be read into the record are limited in length and may be submitted through the City’s website at: https://www.ctsfl.us/comment/. Comments to be read into the record must be received no later than 4 pm on the day of the meeting.
REGULAR SESSION AGENDA – TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2022
6:30 PM – City Hall Auditorium
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE} 5 minutes
SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS: 30 minutes
a. Outstanding Citizenship Award
b. Certificate of Appreciation to Caroline Lanford – National Trust Historic Preservation Grant
c. Pinellas County Update on Beckett Bridge and Riverside Drive Drainage Improvements Project
PUBLIC COMMENTS 30 minutes
CONSENT AGENDA 10 minutes
- Attorney’s Fees – Unice Salzman Jensen, P.A. Invoices 73083, 73084, 73085, 73086, 73087, 73088, 73089
- Special Events:
a. Light up the Bayou
b. Joe Pappas Memorial Music Festival
- Award File No. 230035-N-JL Single Source Purchase of Chevrolet GM Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts and Services
- Award File No. 230051-C-JL Purchase of Korkat Shelters utilizing Manatee County School District ITB 21-0053-MR Park and Playground Equipment
- Award File No. 230046-N-AS Single Source Purchase of OnBase Software Maintenance and Support
- Award File No. 230045-N-JL Single Source Purchase of Sponge Boats Repairs
- Award File No. 230055-N-JL Single Source Purchase of Pierce Fire Apparatus Original Equipment Manufacturer Parts and Services
SPECIAL CONSENT AGENDA
- Award File No. 230052-N-JL Cycadia Cemetery Mausoleum Structural Roofing Repairs 5 minutes
- Award File No. 230042-C-AS Fencing, Gate Operators and Handrails utilizing Pinellas County Contract No. 21-0031-B(BW) a Tampa Bay Area Purchasing Cooperative Contract 5 minutes
- Award File No. 230024-C-JL Job Order Contracting Services utilizing Sourcewell Invitation for Bid No. 111821 ezlQC Construction Contracts in the State of Florida 20 minutes
- Award File No. 230053-C-JL Job Order Contracting Services utilizing Pinellas County Contract Bid No. 21-0241-CP(PLU) Waste Water Treatment Plant and Water Plant Maintenance, Minor Construction and Underground Utilities 20 minutes
- Authorize Execution of Assignment of Funds from the Opioid Litigation to Pinellas County 5 minutes
- Appointment to the Board of Adjustment 5 minutes
ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS (Public Hearings Begin at 7:30 PM)
- Resolution 2022-45 Budget Resolution for Fiscal Year 2022 Close Out 10 minutes
- Ordinance 2022-31 Amending Charter Strategic Plan Implementation and Budget Priorities(1st Reading) 15 minutes
- Ordinance 2022-34 Designation of Flood Plain Administrator(1st Reading) 10 minutes
The Following Items are Deferred to December 13, 2022, Regular Session
- Ordinance 2022-28 20-36 Keystone Village Residential Planned Development (2nd Reading)
- Land Development Code, SmartCode and comprehensive Plan Text Amendments (2nd Readings)
a. Ordinance 2022-22 Application 22-107 LDC Amendment Annexations
b. Ordinance 2022-23 Application 22-108 LDC Amendment, Application Processes
c. Ordinance 2022-24 Application 22-109 LDC Amendment, Coastal High Hazard Area
d. Ordinance 2022-25 Application 22-110 LDC Amendment, Conditional Uses
e. Ordinance 2022-26 Application 22-111 LDC Amendment, Mobile Food Dispensing Vehicles
f. Ordinance 2022-27 Application 22-116 SmartCode Amendment, Hotel Height
BOARD AND STAFF COMMENTS
ADJOURNMENT Est. 9:30 pm
2022 Tentative Meeting Dates
Meetings are at 6:30 PM at City Hall unless otherwise noted
January 11, 2022 Regular Session and CRA
January 25, 2022 CRA (6:00 PM) and Regular Session (6:30 PM)
February 1, 2022 – Work Session Comprehensive Plan
February 8, 2022 Regular Session and CRA
February 22, 2022 Regular Session
March 3, 2022 Strategic Plan Workshop
March 8, 2022 Regular Session and CRA
March 21, 2022 Regular Session – Note – Changed from March 22 to March 21!
April 6, 2022 – Commission-Elect Orientation (9am – City Hall Media Room)
April 12, 2022 Special and Regular Session
April 21, 2022 Special Session and Work Session
April 26, 2022 Regular Session
May 3, 2022 Strategic Plan Work Session 7:00 pm
May 10, 2022 – 6:00 pm Regular Session
May 21, 2022 Strategic Plan Work Session 9:00 am – 3:00 pm @ SPC-TS
May 24, 2022 Regular Session
June 7, 2022 Strategic Plan Work Session (6:30 pm SPC-TS)
June 14, 2022 Regular Session
June 28, 2022 Regular Session
July 6, 2022 Special Session
July 12, 2022 CRA and Regular Session (6:00 pm)
July 26, 2022 Regular Session
August 9, 2022 Regular Session
August 23, 2022 Regular Session
September 13, 2022 Regular Session
September 26, 2022 Work Session
September 27, 2022 Regular Session
October 11, 2022 Regular Session
October 25, 2022
November 8, 2022
November 15, 2022
December 6, 2022
December 7, 2022 Executive Session for Procurement
December 12, 2022 Special Session for RFP Award
December 13, 2022
Tentative 2023 Board of Commissioners Meeting Schedule
Meetings are at City Hall Auditorium at 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
|Board of Commissioners Regular Sessions|
|2nd & 4th Tuesday|
|6:30 PM – City Hall|
Rules and Procedures for Commission Meetings
Work sessions are intended to provide opportunities for Commissioners to study issues, gather and analyze information and clarify questions. No votes are conducted during work sessions. These sessions are open to the public but are not the appropriate forum for public comment.
Public Comments; Preservation of Order and Decorum.
- The City Manager shall note on the agenda, and the Mayor shall inform members of the public that no speaker shall have the right to address the Board of Commissioners for more than four minutes on any particular item. Any deviation from this rule must be approved by the consensus of a majority of the Board.
- Each person addressing the City Commission shall approach the podium, shall give his or her name and address in an audible tone of voice. All remarks shall be addressed to the City Commission as a body, and not to any member thereof. All speakers, including City Commission shall be recognized by the Mayor. No person, other than members of the City Commission and the person having the floor shall be permitted to enter into any discussion, either directly or through members of the City Commission. No questions shall be asked to individual Commission members, except through the Mayor. Any person making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks, or who shall become boisterous while addressing the City Commission may be requested to leave the meeting and may forthwith be barred from further attendance at that meeting.
- The Mayor shall preserve order and decorum, and shall prevent attacks on personalities or the impugning of motives of Commission members or others, and shall prevent digression from the question under discussion. The Mayor shall ensure that no boisterous conduct, such as cheering, clapping, or the like, shall be permitted during debate. The Chief of Police or his or her designate shall be the sergeant-at-arms of the City Commission.
Appeals and Record of Proceedings:
If any person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board of Commissioners with respect to any matter considered at this meeting, he/she will need a record of the proceedings, and that for such purpose, he or she may need to ensure a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based. The City of Tarpon Springs does not furnish verbatim transcripts. Interested parties should make necessary arrangements for the verbatim transcript in advance.
Accommodations for Persons with Disabilities:
Any person with a disability requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this meeting should call (727) 938-3711 or fax a written request to (727) 937-8199.